Hammersmith and Fulham
£85000 - £90000 per annum
4 months ago
Amazing media client based in West London who are hiring a Financial Controller on a 12 month basis. We are looking for:
ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountants
- 6+ years post qualification experience.
- Experience within Media
Main Responsibilities to include:
- Ownership of the UK entities general ledger and monthly close processes, including monthly, quarterly, and year-end close procedures
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Management of UK accounting team (Music and Sports accountants) including mentoring, coaching, supervision and support with any day to day needs
- Approve daily accounting entries across sales ledger/purchase ledger and cash transactions, and complete month end process preparing/reviewing journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Oversee & review all financial schedules, ledgers and balance sheet reconciliations in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Oversee preparation of monthly management reporting packages for submission to Finance Director, UK & Germany, adhering to month end deadlines. Including analysis of fluctuations in monthly operating results
- Approve client and office bank payments up to certain thresholds
- Management of cashflow requirements, preparation of high level forecasts and FX currency sales
- Review of aged debtors/creditors reports and monthly update presenting to Finance Director
- Review of new deal contracts and application of revenue recognition policy
- Ensure that all consultant retainers and T&E expenses are aligned to contracts and company policy
- Assist with year-end group audit, and lead on local UK statutory audits
- Implement and maintain strong & effective financial controls and escalate issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Identify potential process efficiencies & contribute towards a high standard, continuous improvement culture
- Maintain documentation of company-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Review, assess and document accounting and financial reporting implications of complex transactions.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary. Requirements
- Qualified accountant, with strong analytics, a detail focused approach and broad technical comprehension including an understanding of IFRS and US GAAP.