Up to £35000 per annum
2 months ago
Our client, an International Bank based in the Docklands are looking to recruit a Financial Crime Analyst. You'll be responsible for providing support in a variety of compliance related areas including monitoring of the Bank's Branches and Agents, Corporate and Consumer customer on-boarding AML health checks, reviewing the execution and implementation of applicable laws, rules, regulations and the Company's internal policies and procedures across the Bank.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Provide support and advice to the Business and Branches on financial crime compliance and risk management processes.
- Conduct customer due diligence identification/verification checks, risk classification and financial crime risk evaluations.
- Screening of customers and related names against sanctions and watchlist databases.
- Carry out electronic identification checks on customers sending large value transactions.
- Take adequate action after reviewing any suspicious activity reports sent by the Branches.
- Support customer compliance review visits to carry out AML health checks, where required, to perform the Financial Crime Risk Evaluation on customers and counterparties.
- Assist with internal compliance reviews on Consumer, Corporate and Wholesale banking activities to ensure the required level of compliance is maintained.
- Support the transaction monitoring of banking activity and report any concerns/suspicious activity to the MLRO.
- Assist in the completion of the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan in respect of the Bank's operations.
- Keep up to date with prevailing rules and regulations as they are introduced by the regulatory bodies from time to time.
- Review existing policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date and in line with new rules and regulations.
- Provide input on the development of new policies and procedures resulting from internal practices.
- Check the maintenance of adequate customer identification records.
- Support the filing of regulatory returns as and when required.
- Assist with compliance reviews by providing requested information.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates need the following experience/skills;
- Graduate level or equivalent.
- Ideal but not a prerequisite, compliance and/or financial crime related diploma, for example those from the International Compliance Association
- Minimum 5 years' experience within the compliance field preferably in a financial service related role.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strict work ethics
- Strong written skills
- Fraud investigation and mitigation skills
- Compliance monitoring