£55000 - £60000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client, an International Bank based in the Docklands are looking to recruit a Financial Crime Manager who will report into the MLRO. You'll be responsible for providing support to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in a variety of compliance related areas including monitoring of the Bank's Branches and Agents, Consumer, Corporate and Wholesale customer on boarding AML health checks and advice, reviewing the execution and implementation of applicable laws, rules, regulations and the Company's internal policies and procedures across the Bank
Main responsibilities will include;
- Provide oversight, advice and assurance over financial crime compliance and risk management processes across the Business and Branches.
- Lead customer compliance review visits to carry out AML health checks, where required, to perform the Financial Crime Risk Evaluation on customers and counterparties.
- Compile findings and recommendations, working with the relationship managers to communicate with customers.
- Provide advice and oversight in relation to identified compliance gaps.
- Carry out internal compliance reviews on Consumer, Corporate and Wholesale banking activities to ensure the required level of compliance is maintained.
- Take adequate action after reviewing any suspicious activity reports sent by the Branches.
- Advise on the transaction monitoring of Consumer, Corporate and Wholesale banking activity and report any concerns/suspicious activity to the MLRO.
- Complete the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan as required in respect of the Bank's operations.
- Keep up to date with prevailing rules and regulations as they are introduced by the regulatory bodies from time to time.
- Review existing policies and procedures to ensure they are up to date and in line with new rules and regulations.
- Set up and implement new policies and procedures resulting from internal practices.
- Train Bank personnel on the Bank's policies on a periodic basis and when changes are made from time to time.
- Check the maintenance of adequate customer identification records.
- Conduct the due diligence identification/verification checks, risk classification and Financial Crime Risk Evaluations for on-boarding and ongoing periodic reviews of Bank customers as it becomes due or necessary.
- Banks - Liaise with the Company's banks in providing information required for compliance reviews.
- Support the filing of regulatory returns as and when required.
- Assist with compliance reviews by providing requested information.
- Assist the NCA and Police in providing information for their investigations, including attending court to give evidence and other legal processes.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates need the following experience/skills;
- Graduate level or equivalent.
- Ideal but not a prerequisite, compliance and/or financial crime related diploma, for example those from the International Compliance Association
- Minimum 5 years' experience within the compliance field preferably in a financial service related role.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strict work ethics
- Strong written skills
- Fraud investigation and mitigation skills
- Compliance monitoring