West End, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
AF - FA - 93247_1569941849
2 months ago
My client, a Global Fashion brand are looking for a strong number 2 to the Head of Accounts to join their team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate accounts for three of the company's head office functions, providing financial support to department management.
- Provide timely and accurate management support and analysis, identifying key issues including deviations from annual and quarterly plan and recommending remedial action where necessary
- Assist in the forecasting (3 forecasts a year) of central departments, circulation, production costs and promotion costs.
- Responsible for managing various intercompany accounts, transactions and reporting.
- Responsibility for various central charges such as salaries, car leases, promotion costs, property costs, legal fees
- Provide financial and business expertise to other ad-hoc projects
- Provide assistance with month end balance sheet work.
- Assist with audit work
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with the statutory accounts preparation.
Essential Skills & Requirements
This unique opportunity should appeal to bright commercially astute applicants who fulfil the following selection criteria:
- A first or 2:1 degree
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- 4 years relevant accounting experience
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a pro-active approach to challenges
- An ability to think outside the "box" and a desire to use financial skills to help develop and grow the business
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines