West End, London
Up to £50000 per annum
AF - FA - 2876_1611582337
3 months ago
TEMP TO PERM
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic finance team in a varied and challenging role. The position covers a range of accounting functions, providing the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain core financial accounting experience whilst developing management accounting and analytical skills.
The successful candidate will report to the Central Finance Manager with close contact with other department heads around the business.
This role would be ideal for a candidate who has completed their accounting studies and would like to further their career with a major company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare accurate accounts for three of the company's head office functions, providing financial support to department management.
- Provide timely and accurate management support and analysis, identifying key issues including deviations from annual and quarterly plan and recommending remedial action where necessary
- Assist in the forecasting (3 forecasts a year) of central departments, circulation, production costs and promotion costs.
- Responsible for managing various intercompany accounts, transactions, and reporting.
- Responsibility for various central charges such as salaries, car leases, promotion costs, property costs, legal fees
- Provide financial and business expertise to other ad-hoc projects
- Aid with month end balance sheet work.
- Assist with audit work
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with the statutory account's preparation.
Essential Skills & Requirements
This unique opportunity should appeal to bright commercially astute applicants who fulfil the following selection criteria:
· A first or 2:1 degree
· Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA - THIS IS A MUST
· 4 years relevant accounting experience
· Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a pro-active approach to challenges
· An ability to think outside the "box" and a desire to use financial skills to help develop and grow the business
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
This is a very urgent position so please only apply if you are on a short notice periood OR immediately available.
The role will be Working From Home for the foreseeable future.