City of London, London
9 months ago
Our client, a leading financial services firm, are looking to add a new team member, responsible for key business areas, who will make a real impact to the future of the business, working closely across both operational and support teams in a highly rewarding role.
To be selected for interview you must hold a background in banking and a fluency in Mandarin.
- Work closely across the Finance team (FP&A and Financial Reporting) and key operations stakeholders in trading and capital areas, to explain operating results and analysis, in a form that each area of the business understands for weekly and monthly reports
- As part of Finance team, own month-end management reporting process for specific business areas; including the preparation of journals and revenue and cost analysis reports, and generating P&L summaries for Management Information packs
- Produce regular reports on business performance KPIs for internal stakeholders and the investor group
- Assist in providing regular business forecasts in asset performance
- Support Senior Operations team members with financial expertise on a regular basis; providing accurate, trusted data and performing value-added analysis to facilitate decision-making
- Support the Business Partner in:
- developing finance and business presentations on performance; related supporting materials
- producing the annual budget and regular forecasts
- preparing and delivering financial data & analysis for internal business cases e.g. capital projects
- Identifying process and systems improvements, then work cross-functionally to develop.
- Experienced and a effective communicator and team player
Qualifications Requirements & Preferred Skills
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified/part qualified/QBE accountant
- A background in banking is strongly preferred
- Mandarin fluency - essential
- Strong preference for prior experience in commercial accounting roles and experience in working as part of a wider high performing team.
- Strong financial system & data analysis skills
- Experience in financial analysis
- High attention-to-detail and task-orientated mindset required; essential in a fast paced, and growth sector
- High energy, high ownership of work product and commitment to driving results
- Strong organisational skills, with ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities, especially at month ends
- Strong interpersonal skills; solid written and verbal communication skills