A global asset manager is on the hunt for a Fund Accountant to join their team in the centre of London. The primary focus of this hybrid role is to have an oversight of the accounting, custody, and administrative activities.
Fund Accountant Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support management in the financial reporting process across all EMEA funds, including equities, fixed income and multi asset funds.
- Coordination of the audit cycle including liaising with external auditors, fund administrators, custodians, and external money managers.
- Participate in projects following auditors or board recommendations including expense management, regulation, and change management.
- Assist with the oversight of fund accounting activities including valuation and expense management.
- Assist with various activities in relation to fund expenses and fund budgets, including analysis and reporting of fund Ongoing Charge figures and transaction costs.
- Assist with new business initiatives such as the launch, closure, or merger of funds.
- Assist with the oversight of third-party service providers including fund administrators and custodians.
Fund Accountant Qualifications & Skills:
- An accountancy qualification or qualification by experience is highly desirable.
- A degree in maths, accounting, economics would be highly desirable.
- Experience with fund accounting or financial reporting with an asset manager is essential.
- Strong, dependable PC skills, especially office, is essential. (Macros Skills would be an advantage.
- Having a keen interest in investment management and having good knowledge of the industry is essential.
- Good attention to detail with a highly collaborative work ethic.
- Being a good team player with the ability to work effectively with all levels of stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be paid up to £50,000 alongside numerous perks and benefits. If you have a keen interest in asset management, and you've got experience as an accountant for an asset manager, please don't hesitate in applying.