City of London, London
£300 - £400 per day
7 months ago
The Property Accountant will lead the implementation of service charge bringing it in house and onto Yardi. They will be responsible for assisting with the set- up of properties in Yardi working closely with ICT and the BTR commercial team, influencing workflows and account trees and uploading financial reporting information. They will also be setting up Property level reporting to the Fund management business and deliver ad hoc project initiatives. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in service charge accounting, with a background in Residential/Mixed use real estate. They will also be expected to set up and write service charge budgets for our mixed tenure assets, oversee the billing and collection of service charge accounts, and perform the true-up/reconciliation of these accounts.
- Implement service charge, bringing it in house and onto Yardi, ensuring this is set up correctly.
- Set up property level information and influence workflows in Yardi for the Build to Rent business and ensuring the accounting is set up correctly.
- Set up Structure and billing processes for Service Charges to be billed to L&Q (Affordable Housing).
- Put processes and procedures in place for the AP/AR function in line with current Lendlease practices.
- Onboard Future Homes in Yardi.
- Assist with the implementation of the Oracle and Barclays interface with Yardi.
- Contribute to internal and external reporting to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness of financial and non-financial reporting to achieve regulatory and business outcomes.
- Provide or coordinate technical accounting, tax and treasury advice.
- Develop relationships with Finance Services as it pertains to the performance of relevant services to the Fund.
- General Manager Finance, Funds and Asset Management
- Funds and Asset Management finance team
- Head of Build to Rent
- General Manager Finance, Assets and Project Insights
- Business unit senior management team
- Investment Management team
- Finance Services
- Regional functions as appropriate
- Boards and Committees
- Professional services (Audit, Tax, Consultants)
- External property managers
- Drives Customer Outcomes
- Works well in a fast paced environment
- Engages Stakeholders
- Drives Accountability and Ensures Effective Delivery
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Embraces Change
- Qualified/Part Qualified accountant with extensive experience working as a property/service charge accountant
- Strong understanding of service charge accounting and the legislation relating to residential property
- Excellent Excel and Yardi skills
- Background in Residential property / Mixed Tenure Residential Properties
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of financial management and accounting principles and applies this knowledge to effectively manage the commercial and operational activities of the business.
- Applies strong intellect and logic to quickly diagnose the core issues and identifies a range of potential solutions and scenarios.
- Actively monitors timeframes and milestones to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Uses breadth and depth of finance and business operational expertise to provide proactive solutions to both strategic and commercial risk and opportunities.
- Engages all stakeholders and contributors to ensure management optimises outcomes.