City of London, London
£25000 - £27000 per annum
about 1 month ago
We are looking for an ambitious graduate who is looking to start a career in fund admin, with a view to completing a further qualification.
You would be responsible for a growing portfolio of alternative investment funds, acting as the contact point for clients with regards to fund accounting and administration. This would involve running the day to day operations for the funds, drawing funds from investors, managing cash flow and bank accounts, maintaining investor registers, generating NAV calculations for the funds and creating the fund's accounts and financial statements. The successful candidate would be involved in corporate as well as fund accounting assisting with corporate accounts and governance for clients as well as potentially for internal group companies.
There will be significant opportunities to learn and grow and the successful candidate needs to have the ambition and drive to cope with and be excited by a very busy environment.
The main duties and responsibilities within this role will be taught on the job and include the following:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly fund NAVs
- Fund cashflow forecasting
- Quarterly fund reporting to investors
- Assist with ad hoc management reporting
- Assist with the review of cashflow and production of forecasts
- Contribute towards FCA reporting and compliance with all financial regulations
- Prepare drawdown and distribution calculation spreadsheets
- Prepare equalisation calculations
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT reporting for the various companies
- Produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cashflows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Prepare interim accounting report and year-end report and accounts for audit.
- Hands-on style, independent, problem-solving approach
- Proactive and ability to use own initiative
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Approach issues with a "can do attitude", driving tasks forward to a successful conclusion
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Desire/ability to work successfully in a small but rapidly expanding company environment with focused and motivated individuals
- Excel skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in completing the ACA, ACCA, ACMA or equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in a Finance or Accounting discipline.