West End, London
£25000 - £30000 per annum
10 months ago
Leading Investment manager based in the West End of London, are looking to recruit a Funds Support Analyst. This is a brand new position/headcount, so a fantastic opportunity to really make the position your own.
Main objectives of the Funds Support Analyst include;
- To provide support to the operation, development and implementation of our client's Fund business as a key member of the Operations Team
- Work with the COO, Head of Operations and Funds Support Specialist to assist in the development / acquisition of new funds and the optimisation (service standards / TER etc.) of existing funds
- Assist the Funds Support Specialist in managing the Fund's Service Providers, ensuring that their services are defined and overseen. Take responsibility for the administrative aspects of these relationships
- Assist the team in ensuring the correct operation of our client's legal, control and risk frameworks with respect to Fund Operations
- Provide support to operating model and other project work that impacts Funds operations and infrastructure.
Responsibilities will include;
- Member of the Operations team - playing an integral part in the providing a robust, cost effective, scalable and agile operational service.
- Needs to interact and communicate across the Operations team, into other parts of the business and with Fund's Service Providers (Administrators, Custodians, Platforms, etc.) - compiling requirements, prioritizing and initiating work, reporting status and issues.
- To prepare policies, procedures and establish where required processes and advise where possible enhancements can be made.
- Provide regular status communication to the Fund Support Specialist, Head of Operations and Chief Operating Officer
- Liaise with external providers and assist in ensuring service level agreements, Management Information, KPI are current and up to date and service provision meets agreed targets and indicators.
- To liaise with the Finance, Legal & Compliance and all other areas of the business as necessary.
- Assist in ensuring all Fund reporting is completed correctly and that all deadlines are met e.g. UKRFS, FDI, Sub Fund Profile Returns, KIID's, EMIR Refit, Supervision of Delegates Report, Financial Statements etc.
- Provide assistance to Third Vendors e.g. FE fundinfo and Marketing so that foreign registrations in foreign jurisdictions are maintained.
- Assist in all Fund changes, e.g. new Fund launches, closures, regulatory changes, etc.
- Keep all Fund Documentation up to date as per regulatory & Fund requirements.
- Assist all relevant parties in the preparation of Financial Statements.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience, skills and competencies;
- Preferably 1-2 years' securities industry experience
- IOC Qualification preferable - but some Funds experience can override this
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Great attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Self-sufficient, lateral thinker with strong interpersonal skills
- Naturally inquisitive & strong work ethic
- Financially literate and numerate
- Ability to form strong relationship with 'clients' - i.e. Front Office and service providers - and establish 'partnership' type arrangements
- Sponsorship of non-discretionary change (regulation, market driven, client driven) and discretionary change (product, efficiency, commercial)
- General knowledge of the current investment market and key economic issues