£30000 - £50000 per annum
WG FX Analyst_1618399600
about 1 month ago
Our client, an International FX & Payments company based in the Docklands are going through rapid expansion and have created a new FX Market Analyst position to be a part of this. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Economics graduate (Masters or Bachelor) who is looking to get their foot in the door or an FX Market Analyst with a couple of years experience, who wants to be part of a rapidly expanding company.
Main responsibilities of the FX Market Analyst will include;
- Providing analysis of foreign exchange markets for front office, clients, and media.
- Regular reactive analysis of events such as data releases, central banks.
- Keeping the front office informed through participation in team meetings and calls.
- Providing bespoke analysis on themes and topics as directed by Head of Market Analysis.
- Providing content to clients as and when directed.
- Contributing to ongoing long form research and forecasting by the analysis team.
- Building macroeconomic and econometric models for understanding developments in relevant economies and financial markets.
- Developing strong opinions on current and future developments in FX, central banks, economics, supported by evidence.
- Develop, with support and training, knowledge and confidence as a market analyst capable of providing commentary for media and clients.
- During the training period the objective will be to become familiar with foreign exchange and global markets and economics in general and be taught how to formulate engaging opinions and research for media and the wider public.
- Media training, interview techniques, training in writing interesting and well supported opinion pieces for general consumption.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- BSc Economics degree - Essential
- MSc Economics or Econometrics
- Enthusiasm for and interest in FX markets
- Passion for economic, political, and monetary policy analysis. Opinions on the same.
- Econometric modelling, especially time series econometrics