£20000 - £23000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client, an exciting media production business, are seeking a recent graduate/school leaver to join their team on a permanent basis. The role will begin with learning transactional duties including invoices, bank payments etc but with a view to moving on to more senior duties, eventually it evolve to prepping management accounts. The successful candidate will be supported to start the ACCA/CIMA after around 12-18 months of tenure, once they are fully settled into the role.
Purpose of the role
To provide accounting support to the Group Finance team, processing the majority of company invoices, supporting all companies across the group.
- Dealing with all purchase invoices (production and corporate)
- Ensuring all invoices are appropriately authorised
- Coding and posting of invoices/expenses into the purchase ledger
- Dealing with supplier queries and creating new supplier accounts
- Preparing payment runs
- Reconciling supplier accounts and keeping them up to date
- Posting nominal ledger journals
- Aged Debtors/Creditors reconciliations
- Collecting cash from the bank provider (incl petty cash and foreign exchange)
- Dealing with requests for petty cash and foreign exchange, including posting journals.
- Ensuring Financial and Internal controls are followed
- Assisting in the audit preparation
- Collating and printing the monthly Board Report
- Ensuring that filing is done on a regular basis
- Opening & handling incoming post
- Handling and responding to general finance queries
- Managing the Finance e-mail inbox and auctioning all incoming e-mail as appropriate.
- Other ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Recent university graduate or school leaver
- Good level of education
- Some work experience coinciding with their studies
- Ability to handle a high workload, maintain high levels of accuracy and personal organisation whilst delivering work to tight deadlines.
- Unfazed by unpredictable workload and changing demands.
- Responds efficiently to ranging queries from managers and freelancers proactively seeking to resolve
- Ability to effectively undertake research tasks, analyse data/information, report back and effectively and accurately write up findings.
- Adopts a pro-active, creative and imaginative approach to problem solving always looking for ways to improve process and procedure.
- Empathetic, clear and confident communicator able to deal with people at all levels and in varying situations.
- Ability to work effectively on own or within a project team.
- Requires low levels of supervision to effectively carry out tasks
- Friendly, personable, positive approach
- Welcomes working with creative and entrepreneurial characters
- Welcomes working within a creative and entrepreneurial environment
- Keen desire for continued learning and development