£20000 - £22000 per annum
23 days ago
ur Client seeks a Graduate Trainee Tax Adviser to join its team based in Guildford Town Centre. The Graduate Trainee Tax Adviser would have the opportunity to cover a wide scope of tax services, whilst being mentor through your tax training, allowing you to reach your potential.
Duties of the Graduate Trainee Tax Advisor include:
- Completion of UK/US Self-Assessment tax returns, tax equalisation and hypothetical calculations
- Completion of HMRC forms
- Assisting with client arrival and departure meetings
- Assisting managers with tax planning for individual clients on investments, pensions, capital gains and allowances
- Assisting managers with corporate client's employer tax issues, including PAYE Settlement Agreements and Short-Term Business Visitor reporting
- Assisting Private Client Team with US tax administration and compliance.
- Assisting HR professionals with Global Mobility consulting matters including policy, employment agreements and social security compliance in conjunction with our partner firms
- Assisting managers with client tax audits (S9a enquiry) and liaising with HMRC
- Assisting Client Service Team with client administration, forms, and invoicing.
- Dealing with HMRC related client tax affairs such as tax coding and payment notices
- Liaising with overseas offices and partner firms and coordinating exchange of information and review of tax treatment between two countries
- Involvement in all aspects of the clients' tax affairs to become their first point of contact, responsibility for the compliance cycle and working towards the filling deadlines.
- Preserve and build on relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Assist senior members of staff in winning new work by proactively identifying new opportunities and assisting with client proposals
- Attend business development meetings with opportunities to present at client meetings/workshops/training
Requirements or the Graduate Trainee Tax Advisor include:
- Interest in tax/global mobility and commitment to self-development & learning
- A degree of flexibility to meet client /department needs and deadlines and ability to work to those deadlines/time management.
- Ability to build strong client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility
- To have a very good attention to detail and organisational skills
- A strong work ethic and be enthusiastic and proactive, and be able to work independently and in a team
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of excel and word
- Entry requirement for trainees is three 'A' Levels at Grades BBB or above and a 2.1 degree.
- Accepted degree subjects - Any
- Full study support will be provided for ATT and CTA exam