£30000 - £35000 per annum
5 months ago
My Client, a globally operating risk consultancy firm based in the City of London are looking for a Group Assistant Accountant to join their Group Finance team. Offering full study support, successful candidates will be studying towards an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA) and will be bright, ambitious and keen to learn.
- Maintain an accurate fixed asset register across the group. This will include a high-level review of assets to determine the accuracy of whether the asset should have or not been acquired.
- Coordinate the group's business generation credit process.
- Manage the intercompany trading settlement agreement across the group and be the go-to person for any queries or disputes
- Responsible for intercompany trading and loan reconciliation across the group, eliminating/reducing the balance OS on a monthly basis. Identifying and working with regions to encourage these balances to be resolved before next month end.
- Assist the Group Financial Accountant with preparation of the group management account
- Fully responsible in collating and completing the forecasting report for the group making sure the numbers are accurate and be able to explain any large variances
- Support the team with the annual budget procedures
- Maintain and review the cash balances weekly within the group monitoring the possible exposure to FX against reporting currency
- Excellent communication skills with the authority and credibility to gain respect and influence people both internally and externally.
- Experience of working in a multi-national company with the ability to work successfully across borders and cultures.
- Advanced level experience of MS Excel.
- Understanding and experience of a consultancy business and associated financial management and time/billing systems.
- Experience of working with and developing finance systems.
- Experience of financial consolidation.
- Power BI and Power Pivot experienced preferred
- Candidates working towards a recognised UK accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or international equivalent preferred