£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
3 months ago
Group Financial Accountant
A leading oil and gas business based in the City are searching for a Group Financial Accountant to join their large and dynamic finance team. Working with a range of stakeholders in addition to the Finance team this is a great chance to get involved in a varied role within a prestigious business.
The Group Financial Accountant role will include the following duties:
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated reporting, ensuring adherence with guidelines, policies, and recommended accounting practice.
- Providing analysis and insight related to actual reported results.
- Administration of the financial consolidation system (Cognos Controller) and monthly close activities.
- Calculating and posting consolidation journals in the consolidation system.
- Assist BDT finance teams in resolving any technical accounting and process issues or queries and in ensuring the monthly consolidation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide guidance on technical accounting matters (including the preparation of key documents and papers for consideration by the Audit Committee).
- Coordination and preparation of the half year and year end results disclosures and financial statements.
- Liaise with the auditors to ensure smooth and efficient running of the interim and year end audits.
- Analysis related to one-off business transactions.
- Assist with group-wide finance projects as required.
- Co-ordinate the Group's global statutory accounts process.
I am looking for someone ACA/ACCA qualified with strong IFRS experience. On offer is a generous salary of up to £65,000 per annum dependent on experience, a range of benefits and great potential for career growth in a growing team.