City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
AF - GRM - 29467_1566395257
29 days ago
TEMP TO PERM
We have an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic & customer focused Accountant to join my clients Group Reporting, Controlling and Compliance (RCC) Team as a GROUP REPORTING ACCOUNTANT located in Central London.
KEY RESULTS AREA
- Consolidation & Group Reporting
- Statutory Financial Statement/Annual Financial Report
- Joint Venture (JV) Consolidation
- Process Improvement Initiatives
- Internal Control and Process Documentation
- Technical Accounting such as IFRS 16 Guidelines/Compliance
Support the Shared Services Centre (SSC) - Group Reporting and Statutory Compliance team with the consolidation and reporting of Group financial results to Headquarters in Germany and assist in the preparation of consolidated Statutory financial statements and ensuring compliance with relevant financial reporting standards & regulations.
This role reports to the Senior Accountant - Group Reporting (solid line) and Senior Accountant - Statutory and Compliance (dotted line).
- Maintain SAP General Ledger for Corporate and Consolidation/Technical entities on a monthly basis including preparing and posting monthly journals, accruals, adjustment entries and completing General Ledger reconciliations.
- Tax effect accounting and tax true up calculations for legal entity reporting.
- Ownership of the Joint Venture (JV) reporting/consolidation for Actual/Plan/Forecast results and ensuring that underlying financial information is submitted by the JV partners in a timely manner. This includes planning and submission of periodic instructions and templates to facilitate the JV consolidation process.
- Assist with the reporting of business unit financial results including various disclosures to the German Group through SAP Business Consolidation system.
- Preparation of various reconciliations and analytical reports prior to submission of consolidated results to the German Group.
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated annual statutory financial statements for the Group.
- Preparation of consolidated Countrybook Board Report including like for like (L-F-L) uploads and supporting schedules.
- Support IFRS 16 implementation/compliance including ICS & audit position paper.
- Provide assistance with queries/requests from internal customers - local and overseas.
- Documentation and maintenance of process notes and internal controls.
- Provide assistance with Internal/external Audit requirements.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks, projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Minimum two years' Financial Accounting, Group or Statutory Reporting experience
- Audit/Chartered (Big4) environment experience highly desirable
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial statements desirable
- Experience in working with SAP ERP (FICO, BI & Consolidation modules) would be an advantage
- ACA/ACCA qualified
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Commerce
- Strong knowledge of Financial Reporting Standards/local GAAP
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Strong MS Excel skills (intermediate to advanced level)
- Strong commitment & ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong team player
- Attention to detail
- Quick learner
- Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- High level of work ethic