Our client is a leading Membership Association with an ever-expanding footprint and a fantastic culture. Due to the continues growth, they require an energetic Head of Finance to join the team on a 12 Months FTC basis. The business offer hybrid working model.
- To act as a strategic financial adviser to the Senior Executive Team, providing sound advice, guidance and information on compliance with financial and statutory responsibilities.
- To lead, develop and motivate the Finance team ensuring that appropriate structures, systems and processes are in place to ensure a high level performance with a customer focus.
- To take overall responsibility for preparation of annual accounts and audit matters and ensure compliance with legal and statutory responsibilities.
- To oversee the timely preparation and distribution of monthly accounts to budget holders, and reporting to the Senior Executive Team and Board of Trustees.
- To oversee the preparation of the annual budget and monthly re-forecasting and reporting to the Senior Executive Team and Board of Trustees.
- To ensure the effective integration of finance systems with membership systems and processes.
- Responsible for cash and treasury management, including the management of mandates and bank relationships, cash forecasting and deployment of cash resources to ensure optimum returns.
- Take responsibility for the management and submission of all taxation and statutory returns, including VAT, Gift Aid tax claims and corporation tax returns; returns to the Charity Commission and Companies House; and grant claims as required in compliance with grant agreements.
- To oversee the efficient collection and recording of subscriptions receipts.
- To provide timely and accurate financial support and advice to corporate projects.
- Experience of working at a senior finance level in a not-for-profit organisation is essential.
- Qualified Finance professional