£450 - £550 per day + inside IR35
about 1 month ago
Our Client, a leading research firm in Cambridge are looking for a Head of Financial Transformational Change on a 6-month basis. The role will look to pay £450-£550 per day inside of IR35.
Reporting to the CFO, the role as Head of Financial Transformational Change will be accountable for:
- Transformation of the level of financial business and decision support offered to the organisation and the level of awareness and competency within the organisation.
- Building, developing and motivating the teams ensuring a step change in support to the organisation with a collaborative continual learning approach and aspiration towards best practice as appropriate.
- Maintaining strong and open collaborative relationships within the Finance and Supply Chain Department and across the organisation to demonstrate a key business and strategic partner approach for activities across the organisation.
- Analysis of and input to the monthly management information in a timely, accurate and reliable manner. This includes close liaison with budget holders and information providers, preparing analysis and reports and providing reporting / clarity for key issues arising.
- Responsibility for the budget and forecasting processes and any processes for the carry forward or reallocation of funds.
- Ownership of financial management at a high level including communication with key stakeholders and ensuring their requirements are met where possible.
- Developing processes and system improvements to ensure financial information meets the needs of stakeholders and is available efficiently with minimal effort. Driving to simplify processes and improving controls.
- Providing a flexible, proactive, principled based financial support to key stakeholders. This will include partnering with multiple internal teams such as science operations, facilities management, finance and IT.
- Decision support
- Communicating data
- Staff management
- Financial partnering
- Technical skills including financial accounting, modelling, budgeting and forecasting, use of KPIs, analysis and reporting.
- Project management
- Accounting qualification