City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum
AF - HOR - 3947_1579518432
4 months ago
HEAD OF REPORTING
This is a very exciting role to join an ever growing creative company based in the heart of London.
About the Role
As the Head of Financial Reporting and Control, you will form close working relationships across Finance, the Group more broadly and externally, and will require exceptional collaboration, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
You will be accountable for the following:
- Managing the core financial reporting function of The Group including subsidiaries
- Managing the accurate and timely end of month and end of year close process for the financial results of the Group
- Assisting in measuring company performance against external and internal benchmarks
- Lead the Finance team in month end activities with associated responsibilities and accountabilities
- Maintaining and optimising subsidiary structures and reporting
- Ensuring all financial statements comply with relevant accounting standards
- Partner with the business to drive understanding and ownership of departmental spend
- Managing the relationship with the external auditor
- Overseeing financial systems and external providers of systems management
- Drive modifications and enhancements to existing Group processes and assist in the evaluation of such changes
As the successful candidate, you will be an exceptional leader with a history of improving engagement and people outcomes. It is essential that you have strong organisational skills teamed with a delivery-focused outlook and the ability to think strategically while always ensuring the highest attention to detail.
You will naturally have extensive post-qualification experience in the Media/Creative industry, preferably in a Group function. Responsible for managing the preparation of financial statements and annual reports, you will also have a demonstrated ability of managing complex entity structures.
Experience in establishing and implementing a strategy for the core Finance function which covers people, processes and systems is a critical part of the role, as is previous experience in managing External Audit, Board and Executive relationships.
As well as the above, your effective collaboration and influencing skills will see you thrive in the role.