City of London, London
£125000 - £135000 per annum
5 months ago
City based Investment Bank are looking to hire a new Head of Risk Analytics to join their expanding London office and Risk Management department. The Risk Management Department is responsible for delivering an independent assessment of the risks taken across all the trading activities of the Company, and the revenue generated in relation to these risks. It is also responsible for implementing a limit framework consistent with the Company's risk appetite and capital resources, in agreement with the Company's Board. The department is led by the Chief Risk Officer and is made up of the following teams: Credit Risk Management, Market Risk Management, Model Validation, Operational Risk Management, Regulatory & Liquidity Risk Management, Risk Analytics and Risk Reporting.
The Head of Risk Analytics will be responsible for producing risk methodologies to be consumed and utilised throughout the firm to identify, quantify and communicate key risks. The Risk Analytics team is part of Risk Management Department (reporting to the Deputy Chief Risk Officer). The Risk Analytics team is responsible for developing and enhancing risk methodology for market, credit, liquidity and operational risks by taking necessary oversight on effectiveness of the models.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Manage the Risk Analytics team by taking oversight in the team's activities. This includes taking an active role with the IT project and building the appropriate interactions with front and back office areas. This also includes ensuring that the members in the team have appropriate development, training and reviewing their work.
- Support the Deputy CRO to oversee, enhance and maintain the firm wide risk management. This includes delegation of authority of the Deputy CRO for making decisions on risk methodology issues and representing the Deputy CRO when necessary.
- Develop and enhance risk methodology for market, credit, liquidity and operational risks (risk appetite and other internal risk metrics) by taking necessary oversight on relevant IT projects also in light of the industry best practice.
- Review and enhance the internal capital framework and methodology.
- Liaise closely with FO and Finance teams to ensure that models used for financial reporting are consistent with the regulatory requirements, the firm's overall risk framework and the industry best practice.
- Proactively participate in the firm's and the group's initiatives to implement upcoming changes in regulatory capital methodology.
- Conduct ongoing reviews on risk methodology by liaising with relevant risk managers of each team by performing various analysis including Risks not in VaR/Stress, back testing, stress scenario reviews, etc.
- Proactively participate in the firm's decision making process for strategic risk system development.
To be considered for the Head of Risk Analytics position, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Appropriate amount of senior experience in a risk management role; including exposure to recent risk management practices, risk measurement techniques and models for interaction with other support areas.
- Track record of delivering value added analysis and comment to management and other seniors in the Risk Management department and/or other support areas.
- Track record of delivering change to process and procedures where deemed beneficial to the recipient.
- Track record of identifying risk measurement limitations, then taking a pro-active approach to generating the sponsorship for implementation whilst adjusting for the limitation in production.
- Track record of critically assessing priorities on a materiality basis and looking for the most efficient execution path.
- Ability to pro-actively generate ideas for improving risk framework and methodology.
- Track record of working for establishing and maintaining capital management frameworks.
- Detailed knowledge of, and recent exposure to derivative products in the market risk management arena is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of many risk measurement methodology techniques and the ability to assess the most appropriate for our business is also essential.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and deliver technical explanations to the lay-man as well as the practitioner.
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of data and transform into consumable information.
- Ability to constructively influence other departments and individuals.