11 months ago
Our Client, a Global Pharma Company based in Essex are looking for a Head of Tax to join their fast growing yet well established team.
The role will be based in Essex with remote working flexibility 3 days a week.
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Tax is responsible for the global tax strategy, maximising tax efficiency & ensuring compliance with all tax regulations & legislation. The candidate will play an integral role in maximising shareholder value working very closely with the CFO, other key senior stakeholders in the Leadership Team, regional business heads, Group Finance, private equity partners & external advisers.
The role will require an experienced tax professional who has extensive understanding of global taxation rules & possesses the skills to influence others.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Drive & take the lead on the global tax strategy.
- Ensure the tax control framework is sufficiently robust & maintained.
- Assist with driving group taxation policies, maintaining best practice, compliance with legal & financial taxation frameworks, as well as driving initiatives to maximise shareholder value.
- Assist with the implementation of new tax regulations & legislations across the globe.
- Educate global finance tams about ever-evolving tax regulations & legislation.
- Developing & identifying tools & processes to ensure correct data so the company can be more accountable, accurate & timely in tax reporting and in its ability to react.
- Acts as key liaison with external advisers.
- Assistance on a wide range of tax projects as required by the CFO, plus M&A projects as the company continues to expand.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- An experienced tax professional probably operating at Senior Manager / Director level in big 4 or in a similarly senior tax position 'in-house'.
- Prior tax experience required in transaction tax / PE Tax.
- Some knowledge of pharmaceutical sector tax issues & the amortisation of IP would be a distinct advantage.
- An individual looking for a role in a growing, fast-paced, private-equity backed business.
- A strong technical tax background with a clear understanding of how to implement appropriate tax policies & procedures into a constantly growing company.
- Experience of achieving meaningful tax efficiency savings.
- An ability to keep up-to-date on the ever-changing global tax landscape & how it may impact the company.
- Hands-on, with an eye for detail to appreciate the bigger picture.