An opportunity has arisen to work for a leading Multinational organisation as a Head of Tax. Due to positive developments and growth the organisation is seeking a commercially astute finance professional to work closely with the Group GM based in Tokyo.
This position will be responsible for the tax advisory for the group plus several business units, transactional work, preparation of the tax accounting and tax compliance. You will also assist in a range of special projects under the direction of the MD in the areas of governance, and process improvement. The role will be a value-add position.
The Head of Tax's focus will lead on the following areas:
- tax compliance
- tax systems
- tax advisory & transactions
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Strategy and Planning- Support International Head office with the design and delivery of tax effective structures and solutions that facilitate business operations and add value to corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and partnerships across the Europe & CIS region as and when required;
- UK Compliance including accounting and reporting- Responsible for ensuring effective and timely planning, co-ordinating and managing of the delivery of direct and indirect tax compliance (tax computations, returns, payments and enquiries) for the UK companies consolidated with Group while reviewing these deliverables prepared by PWC to which we are outsourcing these services;
- Tax governance and tax risk management- Ensure European subsidiaries have robust and effective governance, processes and controls in place whilst making sure that the companies are compliant with laws and regulations;
- Leadership and communication- Leadership of a team of five tax staff based in London. Coaching, supporting and developing the whole team as they drive to increase the value that the tax function brings, whilst maintaining the high integrity and ethics applied by the team.
The successful candidate:
- ATT/CTA Qualified
- Substantial experience including having worked in industry with diverse, multinational operations, commercially focused at a senior regional level.
- Influence a diverse range of stakeholders within both the corporate functions and operating businesses and the experience to manage relationships with external advisers, providers and UK tax authorities in the Europe region;
- A good communicator - critical to the role with the ability to communicate the complex to non-specialists and to ensure that tax continues to be seen as an added value function across the whole organisation;
- Confident and articulate in supporting the business and working alongside advisers;
- Ability to manage a team of qualified staff and bring them along on the journey
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working model (2 days office based)