Back to jobs
Head of Trade of Finance and Commodities
- Posted 31 January 2023
- Salary £80000 - £90000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineBanking Operations
- Contact NameWill Goodman
My client are a prestigious international bank based in Mayfair are currently hiring for a Head of Trade Finance and Commodities to join the Bank on a permanent basis.
Responsibilities of Head of Trade Finance + Commodities
- Promotion of Trade Products to support origination across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Preparation of sales forecast and budgets to meet set target objectives of the Trade Business
- Achieve Trade sales objectives with maximum profitability
- Identify, evaluate and acquire new business through New and Existing relationships
- Develop products and solutions as required by the Clients
- Prepare proposals and presentation for existing and prospect Financial Institutions and Corporate Clients
- Develop strategies for new business development
- Implement approved marketing policy and ensure sales objectives are met with maximum profitability
- Develop the distribution strategy to increase capacity, using insurers and through syndications with banking partners.
- Presentation of business strategy to the Executive Committee on a bi-monthly basis.
- Working with ALCO to optimise the usage of liquidity.
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment which enables my team to achieve set targets through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Clear objective setting for the team and training plan implemented to ensure skills development
- Weekly strategy sessions to guarantee we remain on track to meet our objectives.
PROCESS AND REPORTING
- Ensure credit risk transactions are appropriately approved with all outstanding matters appropriately resolved.
- Partnership with Risk, Audit, Legal & Compliance, HR and Finance to ensure the relevant risk and control processes in place are suitable for the effective running of the business.
- Implementation of monthly sales process, account planning and pipeline reporting
- Prepare reporting and financial returns as required with stakeholders on the performance of the business
- Provide weekly/monthly sales updates to CEO
Qualification and Experience needed
- Work experience 10+ years
- Knowledge of sub-Saharan African market
- Degree in Business/Finance Management.
- French language skill essential