Up to €70000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
HR Manager - Germany
Our Global FS Client is looking to expand their Germany (Frankfurt) HR team. This new role will provide local HR support to businesses located in Frankfurt, Luxembourg, and potentially Amsterdam. This role will be supporting a total combined population of approximately 100 employees. This will be very much a stand-alone HR role in the first instance, with strong support from the HR team in London.
Generalist HR Duties
- To acquire and apply knowledge of the local business strategies, identifying key HR objectives in each location, consistent with global HR policy
- To provide all-round HR advice and administrative support to managers of the businesses, within the framework of the Company's global HR policies and procedures
- To source and provide expertise (both to HR London and local business managers) relating to local employment law and best practice in the management of employee relations issues
- Managing the annual performance management reviews for local staff
- Participating in any salary and bonus reviews for local staff
- Working with Compliance in order to become familiar with and undertake any local regulatory requirements from an HR perspective
- Managing all administration relating to the HR information system ("Oracle") regarding employee records, as well as other general administrative duties
- Participating in the implementation of specific projects as part of the global HR team
- Liaising with the Company's payroll providers to process German payroll(s), acting as first point of contact for all payroll-related queries
- Ensure records for absences and annual leave are kept up to date by Line Managers using the reporting system
- Responsible for maintaining accurate payroll and employee data to ensure that it meets audit requirements
- Assist with the administration of employee benefits.
- To provide the Talent Acquisition team (based in London) with local advice on recruitment and selection strategies to support the recruitment process e.g., writing job descriptions; liaising with recruitment agencies; scheduling interviews; interviewing candidates; assisting with work permit applications; managing background checks through the Company's external agency
- Coordinating all employment related on-boarding paperwork and induction processes in collaboration with the HR team in London.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of Human Resources generalist experience, supporting business managers in Germany and possibly one or more other locations in Europe.