Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
Up to £45000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Our client, a globally recognised FMCG brand, are looking to hire an Internal Auditor to join their vibrant company on a permanent basis. The role requires excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships across the business, as well as strong technical capability and commercial acumen in order to provide advice on internal controls and new ideas and solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to join an important function in the delivery of the client's strategic objectives; it is a very commercial and broad role with significant opportunity for career progression through the organisation.
To be selected for interview you must be a recently qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant from practice.
- Feed into the audit planning approach including an update of the risk universe for changes in the business strategies and risks and implementation of a robust risk-based methodology to determine audit priority
- Support the Head of Audit and Audit Manager in developing internal audit scope, performing audit procedures, and preparing high quality, clear and concise audit reports
- Partner with management and auditees in the development of practical and cost-effective recommendations for improvement.
- Build strong relationships across the organisation in order to understand issues, influence and facilitate change, get complete buy-in on audit recommendations and follow through of audit actions.
- Be a trusted advisor to business partners in delivery of advice related to the internal controls, raising awareness of control related issues and on major projects with a high control and process content
- Work closely with the risk management team and attend risk management meetings when required
- Prepare Audit Committee and Finance Leadership Executive reporting summaries
- Work with the Head of Audit and Director of Audit, Risk & Compliance to deliver the Internal Audit transformation
- Stay current with industry, business and corporate governance changes and assess possible links to the internal control environment and the audit plan
- ACA/ACCA qualified with practice background
- Degree level educated with a good acacdemic profile
- FMCG or retail experience advantageous
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc.)
- Working knowledge of project assurance and risk management is desirable
- Excellent written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Outstanding critical thinker and problem solver
- Attention to the detail but also ability to see big picture
- Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships, gain trust and influence senior stakeholders across a wide range of functions