£65000 - £76000 per annum + 10% Bonus
30 days ago
Global Organisation seeks an Internal Control Manager to join their EMEA business on a permanent basis. This is a newly created role, the Internal Control Manager will manage internal control associates on a day-to-day basis, ensuring the SOX compliancy across the EMEA, regions working with a variety of audit methods, tools, and techniques.
Coordinating and providing support to senior management in the process of improving governance through effective internal control.
Providing EMEA-wide Internal Control advisory, Ensuring SOX compliance across EMEA, perform/ lead risk assessments, manages SOX issues across the subsidiaries.
Duties of the Internal Control Manager include:
- Leads SOX compliancy across EMEA, assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial reporting, efficiency of operations, and compliance with internal governance and risk assessment policies. Supports and supervises internal control team deliverables.
- Continuous review of SOX scope, risk assessment, and work plans, including the selection of appropriate controls testing, identification of key controls. Key liaison with external auditor. Identifying and evaluating critical risks relating to the organization's financial statement assertions.
- Designs the strategy and calendar for creating, implementing, and enhancing internal controlling procedures.
- Works closely with the Internal Controls Director to manage the workplan on a regular basis, including staff scheduling and drafting regular reports to senior management. Manages key relationships with Internal Control and Finance colleagues and SOX community across EMEA in addressing control deficiencies.
- Coaches and develops Internal Control Associates and junior team members.
- Assist the Internal Control Director in the Internal Control budget cycle - monitoring and updating dept cost budget and expenditure.
- Represents the internal control function on organisational project teams, at management meetings, and with external organisations.
Requirements for the Internal Control Manager include:
- Recent SOX, internal or external audit experience, at manager/supervisor level.
- Professional accounting qualification.
- Experience in coaching and developing team members.
- Have experience in managing remote stakeholders and across cultures.
- You will be highly organised with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver assignments on time.
- You will have a modern approach to control frameworks and systems and be comfortable with using new technology.
- Business English is required, any other European language an advantage.
- The role requires occasional EMEA traveling (roughly 15% per year and should be short trips)