Up to £55000.00 per annum
13 days ago
My Client, a global Asset Manager, due to business success are looking for an Investment Accountant to join their London office. Successful candidates will be newly qualified, with exposure in fund accounting and accounts preparation within a FCA regulated business.
As an investment Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Analytical review of quarterly management accounts pack prepared by administrators, challenging the accounting treatment of transactions where necessary and ensuring inter-company balances are reconciled.
- Reviewing all transactions for deals are updated and correctly coded on the cash management database daily. Whilst the coding is primarily done by the Accounts Assistant, they will need to be supervised.
- Delivery of quarterly, half-yearly, annual unaudited and audited financial statements to lenders (banks)
- Managing interim and annual audits with very tight deadlines
- Dealing with auditors, tax consultants, company secretaries and teams across various investment structures
- Send monthly loan servicing and cash transaction ledger to external administrators who prepare the quarterly management accounts pack.
- Allocation of approved distributions to entities within complicated structures
- Periodic analysis of deal costs as requested by the investment teams
- Review of quarterly VAT and annual Corporation Tax computations
- Reviewing payment run files prepared by the cash management analyst before onwards provision to fund administrators
- Daily monitoring of cash balances in structures and arranging transfers of cash within inter-companies to facilitate payments
- Working with the investment teams to identify cash receipts to the relevant properties/borrowers
- Defining/rolling out the cash management reporting process for new deals
- Management of legal entity and bank account data on SharePoint
As an Investment Accountant you will need:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar)
- Fund accounting experience is essential
- Degree-level qualification in relevant subject
- Financial Statements preparation experience
- Minimum 1 Year Financial Services Accounting Experience (preferably in Private Equity/Real Estate)
- Highly technical, excellent knowledge of FRS 102 (IFRS and Lux GAAP desirable)
- Attention to detail, proactive and monitoring deadlines
- Ability to handle strong characters and time-sensitive deadlines
- Impeccable organisational skills, and ability to deliver quality results by applying sound judgement and efficient/effective processes
- Ability to project manage, multi-task and communicate results effectively