Potters Bar, Hertfordshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum
10 months ago
Our client, an International Financial Services firm, are looking to recruit an Investment Services Manager to join on a 12 month maternity contract, on a remote basis to start with. You'll be responsible for managing, leading and developing the Investment Services Team, whose focus is to provide essential day-to-day operational services to support portfolio management and distribution activities within agreed SLAs in order to meet regulatory and business requirements. These activities include various fee earning real estate and mortgage services
Main responsibilities of the Investment Services Manager will include;
- Manage, lead and develop the team responsible for delivering daily commercial Investment, Property & Mortgage administration services to clients. Maintain and measure team performance and output to agreed SLA levels & controls. Adapt and implement services as required as the scope of portfolio management and distribution expands i.e. new products and new clients.
- Manage, lead and develop the team providing essential operational support and reporting for both asset management, distribution & investment governance. This will include dealing support, reporting investment, property & mortgage transactions to other departments & institutions, including Regulators, in an accurate and efficient manner, meeting SLAs.
- Manage, lead and develop the work of a team responsible for completing high quality daily, weekly and monthly reports to internal and external clients, as required, within agreed SLAs. This will include maintaining the division's investment records and sending data to external parties to support distribution channels.
- Responsible for overseeing the data management activities within the division. This will include ensuring that static data within the investment systems is accurately maintained & controlled and liaising with internal & external data providers.
- Act as operational liaison with key strategic 3rd party suppliers and outsourcers.
- Lead key strategic initiatives to a successful conclusion in a timely manner.
- Ensure the continuous development and improvement (CPI) of the team's processes & procedures to ensure that high service levels are provided and due consideration is given to Risk and Treating
Customers Fairly. Ability to lead CPI reviews.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and qualifications;
- IMC, equivalent professional qualifications (including accounting qualifications) or relevant degree is desirable
- A detailed knowledge of the financial services industry, the Regulatory environment impacting operations and the trade processing & settlement cycles
- The ability to manage, lead and develop a team
- The ability to implement & enhance operational support functions to meet growing and diverse business needs
- Good numerical skills, attention to detail and an appreciation of commercial and regulatory context within which operational data and analysis will be used
- The ability to effectively manage and deliver the operational requirements underpinning commercial initiatives and projects within agreed timelines co-ordinating with external business partners and internal resources
- Proficiency in relevant software applications, including Excel, Word, Icon, Bloomberg and Horizon
Excellent verbal and written communication skills