£40000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
IT Applications Analyst - Cheshire - £44,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a good team player to join one of our growing Financial Service clients. We are looking for an IT Applications Analyst to work within the dedicated IT team in Cheshire.
About the role
This role will be responsible for the development, support and exploitation of all the business system applications.
Other responsibilities include:
- Carry out development, testing and implementation of software, systems and enhancements to the OTIS application.
- Co-ordinate IT business information/activity including interpretation of technical documentation
- Recommend solutions for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements
- Produce good quality documentation
- Deliver appropriate and efficient IT applications resource to IT projects, act as technical expert and technical lead for application related projects
- Write and understand database queries
- Plan and manage your project work streams
- Support members of staff with requests for new reports and general IT support issues
- Work on a rota basis conducting the end of day routine and assist with out of hours support.
We are looking for someone with:
- Appetite for change and system improvement
- Enthusiasm for self-improvement and continual learning
- Ability to interpret complex regulatory and requirement documentation
- Logical thinker with a strong ability to problem solve
- An effective communicator - able to explain complex concepts to technical and nontechnical colleagues
- IT enthusiast with knowledge of current products and services within the industry
- Must have Oracle database experience or APEX, including:
- SQL and PL/SQL Developer skills
- Application Express development and administration
- Exposure to database administration in a Linux/UNIX environment, i.e. RMAN, network configuration, Enterprise Manager
- MUST HAVE Experience of 2nd and 3rd Line support for databases and associated applications
- Experience of system design and implementation
- Must be willing to work shifts (earliest shift starts at 8:30am, last shift ends at 7:00pm), take part in-on call support rotas once trained and be prepared to work out of hours when required.