Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum
10 months ago
I am current recruiting for an Applications Manager for a well-established financial services company based in the North West of England. The ideal candidate must have a strong application management background.
Application Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that the Oracle databases are managed and administered efficiently.
- Manage the underlying Linux database platforms to improve efficiency and minimise downtime.
- Plan and manage development work streams, allocating and managing work for team members.
- Contribute to the development, testing and implementation of software, systems and enhancements to the core processing systems and platforms.
- Provide third-line support to IT systems issues and queries.
- Recommend technical solutions for projects and contribute to strategic planning activities, conducting research and acting as technical lead.
- Produce quality documentation including proposals and reports on a variety of technical matters.
- Work on a rota basis performing the End of Day process and assisting with out of hours on call support.
Application Manager experience/skills.
- Experience in a senior IT development or line responsibility role preferably with an application development or support background including software development lifecycles.
- Experience of Oracle database administration.
- Change management experience, able to plan and co-ordinate multiple IT change activities including liaison with business staff.
- Experience of creating and executing rigorous system test plans.
- Logical thinker with strong ability to problem solve.
- The ability to work under own initiative and to strict deadlines.
- Meticulous and thorough in approach and a good team player.
- Ability to communicate technical details effectively and professionally with staff from all levels.
If you possess the above skills, experience and attributes then apply now without further delay