City of London, London
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Junior Financial Accountant
DESCRIPTION/ JOB PURPOSE
To provide financial accounting support to the UK Finance team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involvement in the monthly financial close process, including accruals, prepayments and account analysis, Balance Sheet reconciliations, updating excel accounting models, P&L commentary for management review, ensuring all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- The keeping of all financial records, accounts and schedules to the requirements of the auditors and general accepted accounting standards and practices;
- Assisting with queries and information requests that may arise from the auditors and management;
- Preparation of accurate management information including, statistical data, financial statement preparation and management reports;
- Maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley process documentation in specific areas of responsibility, ensuring controls are undertaken as documented;
- Work with the team to ensure process notes are complete and up to date;
- The performance of such other duties and requests as may be required from time to time by the Financial Reporting Managers.
- Previous accounting experience in a Finance team is required;
- University degree or equivalent professional experience and professional accounting part-qualification is essential
- Good personal communication skills, both written and oral;
- Must possess great attention to detail;
- Must be self-motivated and self-starting;
- Must be focused and deadline driven, including going above and beyond when required.
- Good computer literacy with experience using computer based accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheets and other standard business software;
- Clear commitment to the team approach of exchanging ideas and providing support to colleagues