City of London, London
£30000 - £35000 per annum
11 months ago
Role: Assistant Accountant
Sector: Private Equity
Location: City of London
Reporting to a Senior Accountant, the position will play a key role supporting the general finance department activities and month end reporting process. The position would suit a part-qualified accountant looking to work in private equity in a finance context.
The candidate will be expected to gain relevant accounting qualifications (which will be supported) and develop within a dynamic Finance function.
The role will provide a wide spectrum of junior responsibilities across the main areas of finance which will develop a generalist skill set.
Initially the role will focus on general bookkeeping and reconciliation work. The role also includes assisting other team members with monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Processing daily/weekly journals in SAGE for bank, investments, expense and other balance sheet transactions
- Conduct periodic reconciliation of accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Assist with completion of monthly bank reconciliation
- Prepare monthly management accounts for GP companies
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and reports for allocated corporate entities
- Provide documentation as required to auditors for the Group/ Corporate and SOX audits
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory returns to the FCA and SFC
- Support the finance team with any other projects as required
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA and actively studying
- Degree level educated (2:1 or above)
- 2-4 years experience
- Financial Services background - essential
- Strong Excel ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player; honest and integral
- Ambitious and curious to create change