City of London, London
Up to £29000 per annum
over 1 year ago
My Client, a foreign exchange specialist, based in the City of London are looking for a Dutch Junior Management Accountant to join their finance team. This fast-paced team and looking for a positive, reliable and well organised individual who has proven experience working in a similar role. Must have excellent excel skills and be fluent in Dutch at business level.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
To work closely with the management accountants to learn all aspects of financial management across assigned entities.
Financial Reporting and Control
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Ensure the management accounts are compliant with country/regional regulations.
- Work with the Finance team to agree inter-company reconciliations
- Attend a month end meeting and discuss any issues with the monthly management accounts or reconciliations and work with the team to resolve any queries and agree how to close.
- Assist with prepayments and loans
- Prepare local payroll in line and final payment
- Prepare monthly reports for the local teams and ad hoc reports as and when required.
- Monitor and reconcile Company credit cards, resolving any discrepancies
- Reconcile bank accounts and investigate discrepancies
- Prepare year end statutory accounts
- Prepare information for internal and external audits
- Monitor and reconcile petty cash budget and usage
- Preparation of bank covenant calculations
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist to investigate and resolve any discrepancies or misallocated costs
Tax and Compliance
- Prepare tax returns
- Complete reconciliation of tax information
- Ensure tax is processed in line with regional requirement
- Ensure manuals and procedures are kept up to date with any change in regional requirements or regulations
- Assist clear controls in place and followed to reduce errors
Accounts Payables/Receivables Group
- Collate and prepare invoices for payment
- Assist to maintain accurate and up to date supplier records
Strategic Planning and Financial Planning & Analysis
- Maintain controls to minimise risks
- Prepare variance analysis of financial reports as requested
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare any information required to support with forecasting and budgets
Requirements and Experience
- Previous experience of working within in a regulated investment firm
- Some experience working within a similar role within a commercial environment
- MS Office; Outlook, Word, advanced Excel including V-Lookups, pivot tables
- Experience using Sun Accounts systems is an advantage
- Good demonstrable knowledge of UK financial Regulations etc.
- Some knowledge of the regulatory environment in which an FX firm operates
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the purpose of risk management and compliance within a regulated environment
- Experience working with assigned country/region.
- Ability to analyse complicated data
- Experience dealing with both internal and external auditors
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to Degree-level or able to demonstrate equivalent relevant experience
- A degree in accounting and bookkeeper or relevant training course an advantage
- First 3 papers or willing to studying ACCA or CIMA or ACA
- Current CPD Log - 12 hours per calendar year.