City of London, London
£20000 - £23000 per annum
20 days ago
Our client, a rapidly expanding FX business in the heart of the City, are looking to recruit a Junior Technology Support Analyst to join their growing London operations. The company is looking for someone who is able to multitask, has strong problem-solving skills, is self-motivated and excited by the diverse range of opportunities and challenges. If you are interested in a full-time job that offers a varied workload, a fast-paced working environment and friendly team and have the skills listed please apply.
Main purpose of the position will include;
- To take 1st support requests and to log them on our Incident Management system.
- To troubleshoot and resolve 1st line issues, whilst maintaining an accurate task record in our client's Incident Management system.
- Proactively help resolve 1st/2nd/3rd line tickets where required.
- To participate in infrastructure installation, hardware refresh and other projects as occasion demands
- Support colleagues with escalated issues from Operations and Incident Management
- Actively contribute to maintaining and acquiring accreditations. They will also be expected to evaluate all implementations and processes, whilst providing technical support to all business areas by managing the systems specialists effectively, ensuring that relevant training and documentation is provided to the relevant teams for new systems and/or changes to existing processes.
Other responsibilities and accountabilities will include;
- Works with the Technology Production Manager to execute the technical strategy working with in house and outsourced technology partners.
- Procure, install, configure, and deploy new and existing hardware and software, in line with defined procedures.
- Handling 1st line support tickets from receipt to resolution across our client's portfolio of applications.
- Daily monitoring of the helpdesk system and support line.
- Log all support calls in the helpdesk system and proactively identify common themes and issues to help the team's objective towards continuous improvement.
- Provide 1st line technical support, responding to support queries from across the Firm.
- Take ownership of support issues and seek prompt closure, ensuring all relevant support procedures are followed and documented.
- Promptly escalate more complex calls to the appropriate team member, including where training needs have been identified.
- Involved in defining and executing evolving Incident Management framework.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience & skills;
- Service desk experience will be beneficial, along with any Network, Hardware and Software experience or qualifications
- Degree educated, ideally IT/Systems related
- Google Workspace or Office 365 experience is beneficial
- Problem solving and analytical.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written to include report writing and group presentations.
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise.
- Excellent customer service.
- A collaborative team player - concerned with the team success as well as individual performance.