City of London
£40000 - £45000.00 per annum + Good benefits
9 days ago
Our client who are a Global Insurance firm are looking to hire a Legal Secretary with Litigation experience to join their team.
As Legal Secretary you will perform a number of administrative duties assisting the Solicitors and Paralegals.
Legal Secretary Duties:
- Maintains solicitors' and staff calendars and reviews calendars daily in order to proactively handle upcoming events and determine dates upon which various pleadings must be served and filed.
- Reviews incoming post to determine urgency and assigns to solicitors and paralegals
- Maintains, organises and indexes all case files for staff solicitors and paralegals.
- Files correspondence, pleadings and other documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs general reception duties: greeting clients and visitors providing necessary telephone assistance including, but not limited to, answering routine questions.
- Schedules / coordinates the taking of witness statements, medical examinations and other court designated hearings and manages document retrieval.
- Assist in composing various basic legal documentation and correspondence.
- Acts as a liaison with experts and witnesses.
- Assists solicitors, paralegals and employees as and when required, including providing assistance for trials, case management conferences, interim hearings, arbitration, mediation and out-of court settlement resolution meetings.
- May assist management in interview process and new hire orientation along with other administrative tasks.
- Conduct preliminary legal research as necessary.
- Legal / litigation experience
- Strong communication and system skills