£35000 - £45000 per annum
5 months ago
LOCATION: West End, London
SALARY: £35000 - £45000
KennedyPearce are recruiting a Part Qualified Management Accountant on behalf of a prestigious private equity firm based in the West End.
The finance department is mid-sized and made up of hardworking, ambitious and academic people, therefore the successful candidate will come with a similar mindset.
The ideal candidate will be part qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and be actively studying towards qualifying. The candidate will have a background within Financial Services, have great attention to detail as well as being able to see "the bigger picture.
The candidate must be happy to get involved at all levels, as this is a busy department and it is sometimes necessary to cover other roles. Confidence is a must as this role requires dealing with many different stakeholders of the business so excellent communication skills are also key.
- To prepare reliable, timely and complete monthly management accounts
- Periodic statutory and regulatory returns
- VAT returns for the UK Group
- Assist with the preparation of the draft budgeting and re-forecast reports
- Work closely with Accounts Payable team in London to ensure all invoices are processed in a timely manner and aged creditors have been cleared
- Work closely with Payroll team in London and provide variance analysis for monthly group reporting.
- Bookkeeping - Prepare and post journals into the General Ledger. To include revenue accounting, accruals, prepayments, bank, fixed assets, taxes.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts to include full substantiation of the balance sheet and income statement accounts and in particular bank, intercompany, VAT, CIT and other taxes reconciliations
- Month-on-month variance analysis and variance to budget/forecast
- To assist in the preparation of FCA and other regulatory returns
- Assist with reviewing the work done by the external accountants
- Coordinate accounting, tax returns and related payments matters with external accountants, AP team
- Assist in the preparation of draft budget and forecast reports
- Ad-hoc duties
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA and actively studying
- Degree level educated (2:1 or above)
- 2 years accounting experience within a similar position
- A background within Financial Services
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive, can do attitude
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Happy to take responsibility and ownership for tasks set
- Open to different approaches to find the best solution
- High attention to detail with a strong desire to learn
- Strong excel and systems skills
- A proactive and inquisitive approach at all times and, a desire to contribute to continual improvements to processes and working methods.
£35000 - £45000 + study support