City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
9 months ago
ROLE: Management Accountant
LOCATION: City, London
SALARY: £45000 - £50000
This opportunity to join a dynamic finance team in a varied and challenging role. The position covers a range of accounting functions, providing the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain core financial accounting experience whilst developing management accounting and analytical skills.
This role would be ideal for a newly qualified candidate seeking to take the next step in their career with a fin tech start up.
- Prepare accurate management accounts and forecast for one/two of the company's profit centres ensuring that best practice accounting policies are followed
- Liaise with management on a regular basis to support them in understanding the financial performance of their title.
- Provide timely and accurate management support and analysis, identifying key issues including deviations from annual and quarterly plan and recommending remedial action where necessary.
- Monitor and reconcile a number of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for managing one/two junior management accountants and support them in all areas
- Work as part of management accounts team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all company management reporting.
- Provide financial and business expertise to other ad-hoc projects
- A first or 2:1 degree
- Newly Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA, with 1st time exam passes
- 3 years relevant accounting experience
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a pro-active approach to challenges.
- An ability to think outside the "box" and a desire to use financial skills to help develop and grow the business
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.