City of London, London
£35000 - £45000 per annum
3 months ago
Job Title: Senior Management Accountant
The main responsibility of the Senior Management Accountant role will be producing and analysing month end accounts as well as helping to meet all other reporting deadlines when necessary. The ideal candidate will be hard working, pro-active, accurate and an excellent communicator. This role would suit someone who has been forming as a Senior Management Accountant for a while and is looking for the opportunity to grow into an FC.
- Assisting the CFO with the following:
- Preparation of detailed monthly management accounts
- Analysis of variances of actual costs versus forecast.
- Preparation of notes and comments for month end Senior Management meeting
- Preparation of balance sheet submissions for subsidiary reporting units
- Submission of quarterly forecasts and budgets
- Detailed analysis and monitoring of cost accounts and updating various schedules.
- Preparation of month end accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly Sox submissions and CSR reporting
- Processing adjustments and other journals as required
- Reconciling all group intercompany accounts
Additional responsibilities when needed
- Assisting the agency with finance related queries
- Assist auditors in the half year, year-end audits, SOX audits and internal audits.
- Ad hoc reports and other projects
- Sufficient finance experience and confident in delivering management accounts. Had experience being solely responsible for delivering the entire management accountants.
- Fully qualified
- Strong excel and a general high level of computer literacy.
- Experience of using Maconomy and Cartesis Essential
- Good inter-personal skills, pro-active, an excellent communicator and the confidence to liaise with people of all levels in the agency.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy, the ability to be flexible, to be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and manage work load as the role will need to be self sufficient.
- The ability to identify and investigate problems and to come up with effective solutions.
- Demonstrate initiative to question, analyse and scrutinise data.