£35000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
My Client, a Real Estate Private Equity firm, investing through equity and debt strategies for more than 20 years, with £11 billion AUM, are looking to hire an Part Qualified Investment Accountant. Please apply below
Part Qualified Investment Accountant
As an Investment Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for assistance and management of the quarterly reviews of management accounts
- Assisting with the review of the year-end financial statements for Luxembourg SPVs which are prepared under Luxembourg GAAP as well as UK SPV's prepared under UK GAAP;
- Liaising and assisting with relevant parties in respect of financial queries;
- Ensuring management accounts are reviewed in timely manner to meet internal and external deadlines (audits, banks, company secretarial deadlines, tax & VAT administrations, JVP, etc.)
- Assistance with preparing Corporation and Non-resident Landlord tax computations;
- Liaising with tax advisors with regards to queries on the tax computations;
- Ensuring tax returns are filed and payments are made in a timely manner to meet HMRC deadlines, including calling and liaising with HMRC where required.
- Periodic forecasting of tax liability for Quarterly Instalment Payments for UK Corporation tax payers;
- Overseeing the filing of the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) returns, where relevant; and Reviewing periodic UK VAT returns.
- Monitoring bank accounts for individual property projects;
- Making sure Invoice schedule are prepared in time and approve payments processed;
- Liaising with banks to assist with payments, and other ad hoc duties
- Assisting in preparing accounting statement of investment valuation based on third party appraisal and accounting information resulting from draft financial statements;
- Assisting the Asset Managers upon request in preparing and monitoring the cash-flows and budgets.
As an Investment Accountant you will need:
- Part-qualified ACCA or CIMA accountant, with a good level of accounting and tax knowledge.
- 1-2 years of experience in a financial reporting or management accounting role.
- Strong Excel skills essential
- Think creatively to identify opportunities to strengthen existing systems and controls
- Organised with good communications skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and manage conflicting deadlines;
- Proactive, with a desire to develop their knowledge in real estate and private equity and a willingness to develop and learn