City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum
8 months ago
The Management Accountant will be allocated a portfolio of project companies and is to support the Financial Controller - in their responsibilities of managing the outputs of the accounting finance team as well as in the line management and development of the accounting team members.
The Management Accountant is also responsible for the overall delivery of all invoicing, credit control and creditor payment processes and cycles, as well as maintenance of the financial records, ledgers and day books for the relevant companies in their portfolio.
This role comes with one direct report.
- Ensure compliance with contractual documentation and all agreed programmes and procedures
- Prepare monthly management accounts and perform a review with the relevant Finance Manager in accordance with the agreed timetable.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in line with company procedures
- Review the payments and bank instructions for approval.
- Prepare the annual operating budget for review and approval and process it into the accounting system
- Prepare the treasury investment proposal
- Prepare the quarterly corporation tax payments calculation and recommended payment for approval
- Review and approve the VAT, PAYE, NI, CT61 and R185 returns ahead of processing
- Undertake the company secretarial administration duties as instructed.
- Maintain the statutory books and loan note registers in line with procedures
- Manage the statutory audit process, liaising with the auditors for the companies in their portfolio and compiling the statutory audit working papers for submission
- Prepare the draft annual statutory accounts for review
- Review and approve sales invoices prepared by the Finance Assistant ahead of distribution to clients
- Undertake the review and approval of the monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure the continuous maintenance of the corporate calendar in respect of activities undertaken by the Accounting Team.
- Draft the end of year corporation tax computation for review and approval
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Management accounting and statutory accounting experience
- Renewables experience - essential
- Experience working within a compliance focused environment
- Experience in identifying potential issues in respect of complex legislation or policy and providing clear and comprehensive verbal and written analysis
- Clearly communicate technically complex financial issues
- Prioritise and adhere to strict timetables in a pressurised environment
- Interact well with colleagues and support the wider team by being alert to the challenges faced by colleagues
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)