West End, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
about 2 months ago
TV Production Company is currently seeking an experienced Management Accountant to join their team on a temporary assignment, based in West London. The Management Accountant's responsibilities will include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, looking to make improvements to procedures and controls, as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they come up. The Management Accountant would be newly qualified or in the latter stage of their studies. There are opportunities for this role to go temp to permanent.
Duties of the Management Accountant include:
- Preparation of full monthly management accounts
- Be a conduit between Finance and non-finance departments, to ensure that there is a communication flow where problems and enquires can be raised and resolved.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments, and similar accounting entries.
- Preparing the monthly management accounts, budgets, and forecasts to aid business planning
- Managing end-to-end audit process of current systems
- Cost reporting
- Advising on the financial implications of business decisions
- Controlling and forecasting income and expenditure, and ensuring expenditure is in line with the budget
- Effectively communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Ad-hoc projects
Skills & Qualifications for the Management Accountant:
Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Relationship & people management ability, networking & creative problem solving.
- Professionalism and integrity are essential.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability of working to a high standard while multi-tasking.
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Xero
- Knowledge of accounting practices.
- A solid commercial awareness is required, as is the ability to liaise and influence at a senior level.
- Hand on and a "can do" attitude
- TV Production industry experience is essential