£50000 - £55000 per annum
22 days ago
Excellent opportunity for a recently qualified accountant to join a global property developer based in London. This role will be 3 days per week in the West London office and you will be joining a "fun" team who enjoy each others company when they are in the office together. There will be plenty of opportunities for progression.
The key focus of this role is to support the Operational Finance Manager in the delivery of the Centre based financial deliverables, ensuring that set deadlines and procedures are strictly adhered to. This includes preparation of month-end procedures, management of JV reporting and ensuring compliance with VAT returns.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Involvement in centre asset accounting and month end procedures, including period end closing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Key liaison with the JV partner, in particular manage and co-ordinate periodic reporting, all funding, transfer listings and adhoc requirements;
- Preparation of statutory financial statements, tax packs, and VAT returns including engagement with other finance departments (e.g. Statutory Reporting, Tax) as required;
- Assist in the delivery of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for service charge expenditure , non-recoverable costs, other operational income, and operating capital expenditure;
- Assist in the engagement with external auditors in the local UK statutory, group and service charge audits;
- Lead and support initiatives to drive continuous improvement in financial processes and controls as required (e.g. SAP ERP implementation)
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Relevant experience in equivalent roles - experience working with operational or business stakeholders is required
- Experience communicating with non-finance stakeholders, with demonstrated ability to simplify complex issues