City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client, a City based Investment Bank are looking to recruit a Market & Liquidity Risk Analyst to join their Risk Management department. The Risk Management Department is responsible for delivering an independent assessment of the risks taken across all the trading activities of the Company, and the revenue generated in relation to these risks. It is also responsible for implementing a limit framework consistent with the Company's risk appetite and capital resources, in agreement with the Company's Board. The department is led by the Chief Risk Officer and is made up of the following teams:
- Market Risk Management, Risk Analytics and Model Validation
- Credit Risk Management
- Risk Reporting
- Regulatory & Liquidity Risk Management
- Operational Risk Management
The 3 main purposes of the position are; responsible for the production activity associated with reporting and limit management for Market Risk and Regulatory/Liquidity Risk Management, excess management analysis and monitoring and ownership of systems requirements and testing.
Main responsibilities of the Market & Liquidity Risk Analyst will include;
- Main focus of the team is to ensure that the bank's Risk reports accurately reflect the numbers required by Senior Management, Head Office, Front Office and Risk Management amongst others. The team is also responsible for the business ownership of risk systems, acting as a liaison between Risk IT and the Business.
- You will be required to build strong relationships with various departments including Front Office, Product Control, Risk IT and Senior Management across the bank.
- You will be responsible for owning the reporting numbers, providing analysis, daily sign off and raising data issues/errors. You will produce daily reporting and ad-hoc reports on a needs basis. You will be expected to proactively manage this reporting book. Ensuring timely & accurate delivery of daily risk reports produced for Risk Management
- Monitor data quality controls associated with the inputs and outputs from the risk systems (this will include investigation of issues and reporting against the firm's KRI framework);
- Reports will be presenting the to the Risk Managers, Head Office and Front office as required, and liaison as required;
- Ownership of excess management, monitoring the firm's exposure against the limits framework. You will manage this process and work with the Risk Managers to validate any excesses.
- Creation and maintenance of procedures and reporting documentation.
- This will require you to have a deep understanding of all inputs to the Risk calculations and the various data challenges faced by the department. You will work closely with upstream data providers to validate and analyse any data changes. Working closely with the Risk Managers and Risk IT you will take ownership of methodology and system changes, providing impact analysis and UAT when required.
- You will be involved in the new product process, evaluating the impact on systems and risk data.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Experience working in Risk / Risk Reporting teams;
- Experience within an invest bank;
- Relevant product knowledge, including Fixed Income, Derivatives;
- Some Market and/or Credit Risk knowledge;
- Experience in the preparation and delivery of reports;
- Knowledge of Risk principles and performance monitoring techniques.
- Up to date with recent changes to the regulatory requirements associated with market risk
- Up to date with Liquidity regulatory requirements and stress testing / Risk Appetite measures
- Knowledge of Market Risk and/or Credit Risk methodologies and measures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detailed understanding of both business and technology processes used to produce market/credit risk information