Media Relations Manager
- Posted 14 September 2022
- Salary Up to £70000.00 per annum + Company benefits
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineHR & Executive Support
- ReferenceSH MedRel_1663166317
- Contact NameSteven Hughes
An exciting opportunity has become available working as a Media Relations Manager for a client of mine in the Legal sector.
This is a hybrid role of 2/3 days per week in the office based in the City of London.
As Media Relations Manager you will be responsible for advancing the media relations strategy by proactively uncovering and showcasing the firms legal practise expertise. Developing and running a media relations programme to identify and deliver recognition through the media, including the preparation and education of senior leadership and other spokespeople for media engagement and interviews.
Responsibilities as Media Relations Manager
- Developing and delivering a media relations programme: supporting the lawyers to raise the profile and demonstrate their value.
- Write compelling submissions: uncovering the working examples that best showcase the company's expertise, innovation, and commitment to delivering exceptional services to the clients.
- Creating content, in the form of news announcements or case studies: for channels beyond the media, including the website and other digital content.
Skills and Experience required
- Mid-level public relations and/or corporate communications experience, or a journalist at minimum senior reporter level, with outstanding writing skills.
- Outstanding media relation relations skills and relationships, with experience engaging journalists on a regular basis to generate positive coverage and on challenging issues.
- Ability to grasp technical topics quickly and have a solid understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the business and industry would be beneficial.
- Ability to work independently as needed, think ahead, engage proactively, and take initiative, while also working collaboratively as a team player.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to quickly transition from strategy to implementation, working on both simultaneously.
- Effective collaborator and networker, able to build relationships internally at all levels and externally with a strong network of media contacts
This is a permanent position, paying up to £70,000 per annum. A hybrid role of 2/3 days per week in their office based in the City of London.