Operations/Middle Office Analyst
My client is a fresh and progressive asset manager, rethinking the conventions of how asset management works for advisers, institutions, investors, asset owners and the industry.
They are looking to recruit a dynamic Operations/Middle Office Analyst for a fresh and progressive asset manager based in the heart of London's west-end
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reconciliation of cash and securities positions and resolving breaks identified
· Assisting with the trade lifecycle and resolving issues with trade settlement and matching
· Helping to improve workflow around maintenance of the fund's investment book of records
· Contributing improvements to the control environment
· Responding to operational queries from key business stakeholder: investment management team, sales, compliance, etc
· Address as hoc inquires front the custodians and administrators.
· Assisting with rebate, commission and distribution fee calculations and payments
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who can work closely as part of a small Middle Office Team
- 1 - 2 Years previous investment operations experience within Middle Office/ Back Office within the Asset Management Industry.
- The candidate must have attention to detail, be comfortable working under pressure and be able to see the wider picture and look for ways of improving existing processes.
- Trade Investment life cycle knowledge
- Experience in Equity, Unit Trusts, ETF's, FX, Sovereign Bonds
- Experience In other instruments advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Broadridge (Paladyne) Portfolio Management System (advantage)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Numerate, methodical
- Good communication skills
- Good decision-making/problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Results focus
- Creative, self-motivated and self-starter
- Deadline focus, achieving set goals and projects in a timely fashion
- Proactive in taking action, achieving measurable outcomes
Teamwork and Communication:
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Strong numerical, oral, written and presentation skills Relating and/or working as part of a team
- 25 Days holiday
- BUPA Health Care Cover
- Death in Service
- Income Protection
- Discretionary Bonus