City of London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum
12 months ago
Our Client is the story of the eternal upstart and change is in our DNA. They were born with the ambition to change the world through media. Raised in Asia, we are now the world's most geographically balanced global network spanning US, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Our Clients story is about speed, teamwork and provocation which are also our 3 key values as a business. They were designed to be a global network, balanced in every region, with clients benefitting from both global and local insights. Today 75% of our business is global and our global network and integrated approach is our strength.
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 8,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries.
The role of the Finance Manager (FM) is primarily responsible for financial accounting; managing the operation of the Finance team and leading the year-end and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audits process.
Other duties include ad hoc project work, such as improving the finance system.
Management and financial Accounting
- Report to the Financial Controller (FC) and Finance Director (FD), the FM is responsible for one of the P&Ls reported by Finance team.
- Preparing management account for flash and actual reporting under strict reporting deadlines. Analysing the variance to previous month, budget/forecast and prior year and providing commentaries to the Group accountants. Information should be collected from relevant stakeholders and reflected in the forecast. Challenging the proposal from budget holders/partners and assist with identifying possible cost savings.
- Monitoring the headcount movement and reviewing staff cost variance to budget/forecast every month. Run expenses report on monthly basis and provide analysis for FC/FD's review. The key accounts are staff costs, intercompany costs and T&Es. Main budget pools are tech team/marketing/research/new business cost.
- Review of Balance Sheet and management the accruals accounts. Ensure all costs are booked in the correct accounting period and sufficient provisions are made for the cost incurred.
- Liaising with other team, FM is responsible for the statutory reporting, preparation of the year end tax package and P11D/PSA tax computation.
- Reviewing and approve payroll file with HR before salaries are paid on monthly basis.
- Ad hoc commercial analysis including costing for projects and fee reconciliation;
Manage the operation of the Finance Team
- Working closely with other Finance Managers in managing the finance staff members. Primarily responsible for the Interco and Production team's performance.
- Understand the reporting requirement for Interco reporting. Provide review points and management support for the intercompany manager. Ensure all intercompany billings are raised correctly and timely. Verify intercompany payables and ensure payments made within 90 days.
- Coordinate with the other finance staff members in meeting all deadlines and provide the most efficient and effective financial management.
Lead the SOX and Year End audit process
- Perform monthly/quarterly control checks in the Banking and Accounting system.
- Coordinate with the auditors in the year-end audit and SOX audit.
- Review control systems and lead the projects to improve the current procedure.
Key Attributes Required:
- Qualified Management Accountant with 2+ PQE.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organise work for the team and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
- Sound business knowledge
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Able to work well within a team
- Positive approach