City of London, London
4 months ago
Our client, a leading international bank, are seeking a part qualified accountant with previous experience with Nostro reconciliations to join their team. The Accountant will be responsible for reconciliations of Nostro account, journal entry booking, accounts payable/receivable reconciliations and assisting with preparing the expense budget of the Bank.
To be selected for interview you must hold a background in banking and a fluency in Mandarin.
- Prepare journals, set up amortization, maintain internal accounts register of operating expenses.
- Check expenses and receipts to ensure they are accurately recorded and allocated on departmental level and the supporting documents are adequate.
- Escalate any discrepancies or issues which arise with invoices and payments
- Prepare bank Nostro reconciliation on internal expenses account.
- Complete client audit confirmation letters.
- Assist with variance analysis for various kinds of operating expenses.
- Assist with preparation of annual operating expense budget.
- To be involved with the operating expense system enhancement.
- Departmental filing and archiving.
- Ad-hoc work to support the finance team.
- Degree or similar qualification in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Banking experience, preferably within operating expense journal posting roles over 2 years
- Bilingual - Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Able to manage operational risk by building strong processes and quality control routines
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Clearly and concisely communicates with other colleagues
- Seeks to understand end to end processes
- Builds strong partnerships and leverages colleague's expertise
- Effectively manages time and follows through on commitments
- Balances close attention to detail with focus on broader context
- Encourages collaboration, connection and team work
Salary - competitive. Please enquire for more information.