City of London, London
£55000 - £65000 per annum
about 1 month ago
City based International Bank, are looking to recruit a Payments Manager to join their expanding Operations Department.
Responsibilities of the Payments Manager will include;
- Ensure that all transactions handled by the team are handled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage direct-report staff, so as to effectively train, evaluate, motivate and support them.
- Review and remediate current workflows for payment transactions
- Identify new technologies and market driven initiatives to support payment processing
- Comply with the FCA/PRA's Individual Conduct Rules.
- Ensure that all transactions are within the Credit Limits agreed by the Bank's Credit Committee in accordance with the department's procedures.
- Co-ordinate with other sections in prioritising business workflow.
- Ensure all payments are handled as per banks SLA. Keep senior management informed of any potential delays/ high value transactions.
- Support system enhancements, arrange and allocate staff for UAT's besides BAU
- Report all complaints, issues and near misses as they occur.
- Ensure that various reports are kept up to date on a weekly/ monthly basis.
- Set action plan for the team and ensure that actions are completed.
- Monitor reconciliations.
- Be responsible for cross training of staff.
- Update the COO/Sr. Manager on information required for the weekly Executive Committee meeting.
- Ensure that all enquiries for the Group, CBN and all customers are handled in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Monitor daily holdovers and queues.
- Hold team meetings, one to one meetings on a monthly basis.
- Provide technical assistance and support to other members of the team.
- Authorise transactions on T24.
- Ensure that the Bank's procedures in respect of Anti-Money Laundering and Health & Safety are followed at all times.
- Analysing gaps in process maps and getting senior management to challenge them.
To be considered for the Payments Manager position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
▪ Previous experience in financial services, ideally from an International Bank
▪ Ten years' experience in a senior role within a high volume, fast moving payments environment
▪ Experience of re-engineering processes and recommending / documenting improvements/ requirements
▪ Commercial awareness.
▪ Excellent working knowledge of SWIFT & T24