£35000 - £40000 per annum
5 months ago
Our client, an International Bank based in the Docklands, are looking to recruit a Payments Specialist to join their expanding Payments & Settlements Department.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Responsible to support CHAPS day to day Operations to ensure payments are processed within CHAPS SLA.
- Review and investigate unapplied/unrecognized payment queues in the BOE RTGS system.
- Ensure there is no CHAPS payment left in the internal system release queues and BOE RTGS system.
- Ensure all the payments have the ACK state from the payment systems.
- Ensure the operational reports required are sent as evidence of success at the end of the day.
- Ensure non STP CHAPS transactions are amended and processed to completion within CHAPS SLA'S.
- Support Pay.UK faster payment scheme testing.
- Responsible to support and carry out managed and controlled CHAPS start testing with the Payments team.
- Responsible for CHAPS investigations and if required return CHAPS payments within SLA. This includes CHAPS helpdesk responsibilities where other participants will contact to query transactions on phone as well as/ or BOE requesting CHAPS extension by calling designated CHAPS telephone Hotline.
- Required to work on a rotating two shift working pattern to cover CHAPS operation times of 8am to a potential 8pm (if there is a CHAPS extension).
- Action liquidity nostro movement as instructed by Head of Treasury
- Managing Reconciliation of Bank Accounts, Nostros.
- Managing Reconciliation of other accounts in the general ledger
- Investigating unreconciled reconciliation items and identifying if there are any system and control failures to Head of Payments and Settlements.
- Processing payments and Settlement including SWIFT/Faster payments within deadlines.
- Assisting on any adhoc payments tasks when required
- Ensure that all commercial payments are processed in a accurate and timely manner;
- Match FX/MM trades confirmations with counterparties.
- Settle all FX/MM transactions in an accurate and timely manner using SWIFT.
- Repair all SWIFT payments failures to resolution.
- Ensure Control processing sheet cutoff SLA are always monitored and adhered to.
Responsibilities may also extend to;
- Liaison with offshore reconciliation service provider
- Provide support for the preparation of Bank's annual statutory accounts.
- Escalate CHAPS issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Ad - hoc reports and projects - System implementation testing, reviewing accounting flow and account mapping.
- Organise and supervise the day-to-day payments to meet SLA'S in the absence of The Head of Payments and Settlements.
- Assist in developing procedures and controls for the Payments team.
- Assist other areas of Operations as and when required.
- Investigate, advise and resolve any discrepancies with counterparties in a timely manner
- For all payments and settlements, ensure that all risk, controls, and compliance processes are complied with including prompt and effective risk escalation and resolution takes place and bank operations escalation policies are implemented and adhered to
- Identifying and escalating areas of risk or problems to line manager and/or COO, Treasurer, CO / MLRO or relationship manager as appropriate
- Support team members to ensure all allocated work is completed in a timely manner with high standards being maintained.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Minimum 3 years solid payments experience including direct CHAPS and Faster Payments operations experience essential.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects SWIFT format messages.
- Strong Knowledge of payments and BOE RTGS.
- High level competence and proficiency in Excel skills, use of spreadsheet for analysis and similar IT programmes.
- Supervisory experience in payment operations an advantage.
- Good analytical skills and high level of numeracy
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good Interpersonal / communication skills
- Educated to a degree level.
- A Level and GCSE Level grades