Back to jobs
- Posted 15 March 2023
- Salary Up to £70000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineBanking Operations
- Contact NameWill Goodman
The Senior Performance Analyst will be responsible for calculating, analyzing, and communicating the performance of my clients products/strategies to internal teams as well as prospective and existing clients. The products/strategies under analysis may include funds, separate accounts, sub-advisory accounts, fiduciary accounts, overlays, and competitor products. They will also be responsible for coordinating internal and external performance reporting, overseeing custodian banks, off-shore administrators, and other service providers in their handling of daily fund operations, preparing fund financial statements, and preparing quarterly trustee presentations.
- Calculate, analyze, and report the performance of complex investment products or strategies to internal portfolio teams or external clients.
- Calculate attribution based on a myriad of factors and levels (e.g. security level, portfolio level, macro level).
- Be a "go-to" performance expert for internal clients when discussing an approach to performance analysis.
- Ensure the accurate and timely production of performance reporting.
- Oversee/manage the calculation of performance by Russell's vendors and ensure an appropriate level of service delivery in line with agreed service levels and KPIs.
- Collaborate across the Global Performance & Reporting team and with internal constituents to establish performance standards.
- Compare, contrast and reconcile the salient factors behind multiple in performance returns.
- Stay up to date on current trends in asset management, in addition to financial markets, securities, and general investment themes, as well as advances in performance theory and practice.
- Collaborate with business partners to establish performance reporting standards which ensure efficient production of performance analysis.
- Stay abreast of Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) and support the annual GIPS verification process.
- Provide performance reports to internal investment committees.
- Liaise with vendors to outline changes to performance report structures.
- Manage the distribution of performance reports through various mediums.
- Assist in managing the integrity and consistency of stored performance results.
- Understand the various legal ramifications associated with reporting index and peer group data.
- Assist the reporting team in sourcing performance results.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or related subjects.
- CIPM, CFA, or equivalent experience in performance.
- 2 years of investment/financial services experience.